Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my first flat tonight right at the end of a 30mile ride.. lucky... only had a short 15min walk back to the car... not sure what happened but I came around the last corner and hear a light hissing noise so I stoped to find my front tire sliced down to the tube. so with around 150miles and almost no wear on the front tire.. its time to get a new one.. yippy..

so is there a good way to prevent this from happening.. i'm pretty sure I didnt see anything on the road that I ran over that could've cut the tire but I guess I ran over something..

guess i have an excuse to pick up new tires now... gotta find a set of red gp4000 tomorrow.... :p

·
Registered
171 Posts
It happens. I once ran over a small but sharp rock that I didn't see. It put a nice hole in the front tire about the size of a pencil eraser. New tire and tube.

As far as prevention is concerned, I guess maybe we shouldn't ride at all, or ride only with cheaper, heavier, less puncture-prone tires. I just consider these mishaps to be part of paying my cycling dues.

I also have several spare tires at home, as I HATE paying list price so I can ride the next day. And I carry my cell phone so my wife can rescue me if I'm far from home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.