Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
797 Posts
I've alwaysed used rubber cement. I don't know if there's been anything new-now-&-wow come out in the last few years.

· Registered
21,834 Posts
No glue

bianchi77 said:
Anyone know what's an emergency glues for patching my tyre when it's flat on the mountain ??
Can I use arcrilic glue ?
The standard practice is to carry a spare tube. Patching tubes on the road or trail is usually a frustrating experience. Some people carry two tubes, while others carry a tube plus some instant (self-adhesive) patches. There are lots of stories of people pulling out their patch kit to fix a flat and finding that the glue has dried out. Don't use any glue other than that made for patching bicyle tubes. Acrylic or acrylate glues would be absolutely the wrong choice. It is much better to patch tubes at home rather than trying to deal with it out on a ride.

· waterproof*
41,745 Posts
If I'm out in the boonies doing rough stuff, I carry 2 tubes, a frame pump, and a patch kit with at least 5 of the peel and stick patches. Also something for a boot, like duct tape or a dollar bill.

I stopped using the rubber/cement kind b/c the glue always dried out.

If that kit won't get you home, you need a cell phone and some better tires or riding technique.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.