Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with both? I have the Shimano flatbar shifters and am wondering if the Srams are better?

I have a pair of 9 speed Shimano vintage 2005 and a pair of 2009 Shimanos. The 09's have a trim step in the middle for the front the 05's don't. How is the double tap?

·
Registered
513 Posts
10-sp road SRAM Double Tap flat bar shifters...

saddle tramp said:
Anyone have experience with both? I have the Shimano flatbar shifters and am wondering if the Srams are better?

I have a pair of 9 speed Shimano vintage 2005 and a pair of 2009 Shimanos. The 09's have a trim step in the middle for the front the 05's don't. How is the double tap?
I can't speak for current Shimano but I love my SRAM double-tap 10 speed shifters. When I first started building my BMC Crossmachine up, I knew that I want flat bars and a SRAM Red drivetrain. Only problem was that the flat bar shifters had not yet hit the market. This was last March. My build was on hold until May waiting for the shifters to be released. I can safely say that my bike was the first to be built with these shifters in the US. As soon as they were released and my bike shop got them in, my build was complete. Coming from an older (pre-Rapidrise) Shimano XTR trigger shifter set-up, I won't ever go back. It is such an easy way to shift using the double-tap. I've got many miles on them in servere conditions, i.e. high heat and dust, and they work as effortlessly as they day I got them. As a matter of fact, all my SRAM components do as well. I couldn't be happier. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a Sram S550 crankset and OG1070 cassette as a base for rebuilding a worn out drivetrain. Why not go all the way with Sram rd & fd?

The bike has a mix of Shimano flatbar dr's/shifters & Sram chain/cassette. Maybe it's time to go Sram all the way?

I like the Shimano shifters but why not try something different?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.