Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I re-program the number of teeth into my 6502? I went from a 52-39 Sora to a 53-39 Ultegra SL and need to change that value. Do I have to all-clear and re-program EVERYTHING? ugh. I also like my max speed on there.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Look on the Shimano website, there will be a manual for your computer.

Reprogramming everythign is not that big a deal, it will take you less than 5 minutes. Just note the mileage beforehand if you want to program that to start at the same number again.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It will seem complicated when you look at the directions, but once you get to programming the computer, it is easier. It might also be helpful to write down your cassette gears before you start so you don't have to look them up while programming it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FlIght deck SC-6502

My flight deck is switching rapidly . I was just trying to change from No. 2 to No. 1 now it is all messed up. H E L P, I have the manual, but it is of no help.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Take it off and wipe your contacts on the cradle and base of computer
Yea and use some electronic contact cleaner (available a lot of places like hardware stores, radio shack etc.). Spray the heck out of it w/ the spray and wipe it aggressively w/ a cloth.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yea and use some electronic contact cleaner (available a lot of places like hardware stores, radio shack etc.). Spray the heck out of it w/ the spray and wipe it aggressively w/ a cloth.
Be careful with electonic cleaners some can damage plastic maybe some isopropanol alcohol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.