Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
If true that wasn't a very long run best of luck to them though. I suppose the bicycle parts bailout never did have much momentum.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I hope not as I purchased their Zephyr wheels back in Nov 08. Great wheels. I had the opportunity to speak with Brent on a problem which he quickly resolved ... great support!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Flit wheels

I just purchased the Sonics and both Christy, and Brent emailed back quickly. So far so good with this company. Every question I had they have answered and now I am just waiting on the wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
not yet

I work graveyards in Colorado so I sleep while they are working. But I will call them tomorrow if I do not get the tracking info. My wife bought these for me as a surprise so she may have called them. I know they emailed her back saying the wheels were being built and should be shipped on tuesday. So far so good though! Chris ty is also on these boards and posts about the company. When I receive my wheels I will give a review for sure. I believe in american company's so that's why we bought these plus I moved from MI when I was 18 and wanted to give back to a wonderful state! If flit does so happen to screw me over(I do not think they will) I will post that as well! I do believe that they also know the meaning of customer service and that's why they emailed me back so soon! I look forward to riding these wheels hard and will let everyone know just how great they are or are not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No way! Flit is still, and will be, alive.

To be fair, we all did go on vacation and Flit closed it's doors for a bit. But we got some base miles in us, and we are ready to get things going again.

derickusmcirr- we have been feverishly getting to all the orders processed and rolling since we got back. we are just about all squared away, so you should have received a tracking number or an e-mail letting you know when they will be shipped.

by the way, where in michigan are you from? we are in Shelby.

and speaking of getting things rolling again. we just got the reviews done by testrider. check it out. http://www.testrider.com/fly.aspx?layout=player&video=1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Christy,

I did receive the shipping info as promised. Brent said that he believed that the wheels would be in CO on Friday and so far so good on that as well. If these wheels are anything as good as your costumer service you should be selling wheels like hot cakes. I did live in MI when I was in High School. (New Baltimore) I left there when I joined the Marines. I have a friend that does a lot of business up there and had them check you guys out. They had nothing but good things to say about you guys. I am now waiting to see these wonderful wheels in person. Thanks Christy and Brent from www.flitwheels.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got the wheels today. They look great. They are true and will be weighting them in the near future. Now I just have to glue some tire on and test them out. Thanks Christy and Flit for this great deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I have ridden on the wheels twice and they are lovely. Spin up is nice and I do not feel any kind of flex at all in this wheel set. I weight 155 pounds and can tell the difference with these wheels and tires. I put on the Conti gp 4000s. Once they are up to speed it makes a world of a difference to hold the speed. At team time trial practice for 13.5 miles avg speed was 27.1 mph. Nice job Flit. and Thanks again.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It was just a vacation, glad to see they're still around.

·
Registered
142 Posts
pinkrobe said:
Anyone know if Flit will ship to Canada? I e-mailed a few days ago...
I believe they do ... you'll have to email Brent @ [email protected] or call him (248)250-4355.

I was fortunate to have a US address at Niagara Falls where they shipped the wheels. I drove down and picked them up...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been trying to call them. Once last week and just today. Both times a message says their box is full. I know they're a small company, but still I get nervous when mailboxes are full and no one answers the phone. These days, one never knows what can happen with the economy and all, especially the smaller companies that are just starting out.

Brent and Christy, if you're reading this, please clear out the message box and answer calls. I'd love to ask a few questions in person and drop some coins on some wheelsets for my friend and I.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
myitch said:
I've been trying to call them. Once last week and just today. Both times a message says their box is full. I know they're a small company, but still I get nervous when mailboxes are full and no one answers the phone. These days, one never knows what can happen with the economy and all, especially the smaller companies that are just starting out.

Brent and Christy, if you're reading this, please clear out the message box and answer calls. I'd love to ask a few questions in person and drop some coins on some wheelsets for my friend and I.
I asked some questions via email for my team, and they answered next business day. Try emailing them to call you @ a certain/?exact? time if you want to speak to a human?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whoa, what happened to the prices?

I checked yesterday and a set of leticas was $399 and the sapim upgrade was $69.

Today, it's $449 and $89 respectively.

Am I seeing things, am I mistaken?

·
Registered
19 Posts
sparrowlegs said:
Whoa, what happened to the prices?

I checked yesterday and a set of leticas was $399 and the sapim upgrade was $69.

Today, it's $449 and $89 respectively.

Am I seeing things, am I mistaken?
You're right. I was going to buy the set. But when the price jacked up I changed my mind.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Has anyone been able to contact them?

I have been trying to call them every day for a week, emailed several of their addresses, and even sent a TRADITIONAL letter of intention stating that I wanted to buy from them through USPS priority mail, and still haven't heard anything.

In my young and naive way of looking at things, if I am trying to throw half a grand at someone... I would hope to at least correspond with someone more than just once.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts