Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a great pump, I was really happy with it right up till it broke with no warning while pumping up a tire.

It's a Wrench Force brand, which is owned by Trek / Bontrager. I guess I could try to warranty it at a local Trek dealer?

Advice..?

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to say exactly. It's the kind with a guage (top of the barrel) and a pressure let-off button. It has a dual-hole head, which seems to be working fine on both presta and schrader, but the needle on the pressure guage is pegged all the way to the right, and when I attempt to pump, it feels like max pressure is getting developed in the barrel but not flowing thru to the head. No amount of fiddling with the let off button or the head has improved anything. I think something in the guage / pass thru got locked up and isn't letting air thru.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Buy a Silica Track pump......Separates the men from the sissies.

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Hard to say exactly. It's the kind with a guage (top of the barrel) and a pressure let-off button. It has a dual-hole head, which seems to be working fine on both presta and schrader, but the needle on the pressure guage is pegged all the way to the right, and when I attempt to pump, it feels like max pressure is getting developed in the barrel but not flowing thru to the head. No amount of fiddling with the let off button or the head has improved anything. I think something in the guage / pass thru got locked up and isn't letting air thru.
How about a new hose? You can get air hoses at most hardware stores, and they're cheap enough (dollar a foot or so) that it's worth trying. Pumps are simple--you ought to be able to take it apart far enough to spot whatever's causing the trouble and fix it. Writing to the company might help, too. I sent Topeak a question about a floor pump a few years ago, and they sent me all new guts for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.