Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
abominable slowman
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like MB1, I was riding in Florida recently. I spent the Xmas holiday in Clermont with my wife and her family and rode many of the same roads/MUTs as reported on already by MB1. I finally got around to putting together a ride report. Pictures aren't as nice as MB's but here goes.

I did two rides. First ride was from Clermont up to the Clermont Trail and West Orange Trail. I followed the West Orange Trail until I had to turn around and get back for a family dinner. The trail was nice enough, very wide with lots of facilities. It was a little boring, but the town of Winter Garden was interesting--being from the north, Christmas decorations next to palm trees just makes me laugh. I wish I had time to stop in a diner for a bite but I had to bet back.

·
abominable slowman
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Florida too (II)

(ok, trying smaller pictures now!)

The 2nd ride was a long (longer than planned) loop that included the General van Fleet Trail reported previously by MB1. I did about 85 miles, most of trail down to Polk City, and then a mix of busy and back roads back to Clermont. I meant to hit a state park along the way but I got lost and missed it. Oh well. It was a good ride. The trail is definitely monotonous--straight, flat, and mostly wooded. But there is some good riding in the area (including some baby hills!). The dirt road was really nice, although short (5 miles or so). Not a bad way to spend the holiday. Though I'd rather be skiing up North :D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
That we were in the same town on the same roads at about the same time is pretty funny. All your pix are missing is Miss M in there somewhere.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts