Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the start list for Redlands and Landis is on it. There's something about that which strikes me as so fitting yet so sad. He'll be battling it out with DLP, Empire, Kahale Lagrange, Garmin's U23 team, Mt Kahkis, Team VRC, Ten Speed Drive and the other domestic "power" house teams.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I think thats just where he has an opportunity given his team etc.. If he didnt have a history, he would be on a pro tour team. I believe Chris Horner was on a "domestic squad". Theyre not all sloutches. Wasnt Levi in this race last yaer? Or am I thinking of another race (he won, with Horner helping)?

·
3,494 Posts
bigmig19 said:
Wasnt Levi in this race last yaer? Or am I thinking of another race (he won, with Horner helping)?
That was the Cascade Cycling Classic up in Bend, Oregon. Bend is Horner's home town, and Levi was there because he wasn't at the Tour De France in 2008 for well known reasons. Bend is a great place, I'd love to retire there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Well, he wasn't exactly battling it out at the last Cali race he was in w/international pros, so... yeah.
Nor did he appear to be "battling it out" in the Vuelta Mexico Telemex (final GC position of 40 at about 30 minutes back).

·
Registered
461 Posts
42nd in the prologue, 44 seconds down...over 5km. Is he riding Redlands as the team leader or in support of someone else? Seriously, is that the best he can do these days in what used to be his domain?

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
BAi9302010 said:
42nd in the prologue, 44 seconds down...over 5km. Is he riding Redlands as the team leader or in support of someone else? Seriously, is that the best he can do these days in what used to be his domain?
Rory is the team leader for Redlands.

·
likes to eat donuts
827 Posts
Cryin' on the inside

Mootsie said:
DNF.........................sigh.
Yes, it's a sad, sad day :cryin:

:)

·
Descender
1,940 Posts
I'm no diehard Floyd fan - but he has been away 2 years and had a hip replacement - could be he needs to get back in race shape - see how he does the second half of the year.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Im still waiting for ONE example in the history of pro cycling of a comeback from the surgery he had! I swear, if people saw this surgery, you would be amazed at where he is at all. This is uncharted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts