1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,023 Posts
has he started paying restitution yet?

·
Pack Fodder.
1,871 Posts
Floyd knows the score. He knows that nothing in the US really changed, because the same old faces are still calling the shots. He's bitter, and to some degree, he's got a point.

Problem is, Floyd being bitter won't change anything. His credibility is shot. Few people are really listening. "We fixed the glitch (Armstrong), so the problem should take care of itself".

The professional cycling business model is fundamentally flawed, so we are left with questionable characters in positions of authority. As recent events have shown, we're no different from any other sport.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Floyd is correct that not a thing has changed. I'll bet in some ways it may be worse. The odds of this sport exposing itself makes everything go away. I'm more intrigued how all the positives just dissapear. Lance could have been banned, and the chair occupied by the real story. How is it that only hated cyclists come up possitive, when the whole lot was tainted. Even Floyd expressed interest on how David Millar and Basso emerged from the toilet. In fact how does Frankie and VanDeVelde become TV commentators after their fall from grace. As you say it's no different, but man is the whole machine broken.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Floyd is correct that not a thing has changed. I'll bet in some ways it may be worse. The odds of this sport exposing itself makes everything go away. I'm more intrigued how all the positives just dissapear. Lance could have been banned, and the chair occupied by the real story. How is it that only hated cyclists come up possitive, when the whole lot was tainted. Even Floyd expressed interest on how David Millar and Basso emerged from the toilet. In fact how does Frankie and VanDeVelde become TV commentators after their fall from grace. As you say it's no different, but man is the whole machine broken.
Good observation.

In the masters thread I mentioned the fact that a busted pro usually is no big deal depending on how they play the game. Much like politicians caught red handed, lying or stealing. It's how the game is played, just move along and learn how to get away without being caught.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts