Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, my vote for the most disappointing bicycle product I have ever purchased has to go to the CycleOps Fluid 2 trainer. Work, family, etc...forces me to ride a trainer early in the morning during the week. I put my bike into the trainer for just the fourth time, and noticed oil dripping out of the head unit onto my floor. I knew there's a strong chance for fluid trainers to leak, but I thought I would at least get a year or two out of it.

Fortunately, my LBS took it back no questions asked and refunded my money. Back to my bullet-proof Kreitler rollers!

·
Registered
238 Posts
kurt kinetic

that's why i got a kurt kinetic....good realistic resistance, and bomb proof, if not as pretty, construction.

john

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love my CycleOps Fluid 2. I almost didn't buy it because of stories like this. However, I went for it and have never looked back. 200 hours later and the thing is still whisper quiet.

I don't know how quiet the Kurt Kinetic is, but I would not hesitate to buy the CycleOps again. It seems that this happens to about 5% of these. I'll take the 95% for the performance of this unit.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
....and a Lifetime Warranty.

I wore out the right side adjuster bolt that holds the skewer on the drive side. I called Kurt Kinetic to buy new parts and they said it was warranted. Sent the new assembly at no cost, even paid the postage.

G

·
cdhbrad said:
I wore out the right side adjuster bolt that holds the skewer on the drive side. I called Kurt Kinetic to buy new parts and they said it was warranted. Sent the new assembly at no cost, even paid the postage.
Get service from KK! The flywheel pressure adjusting bolt sheared off and they sent me new one under warrantee - no questions asked!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.