fly_v1

Chicago, USA - Jonathan Cantwell added Stage 3 to his Stage 2 win and in doing so has won the prestigious and lucrative Alexian Brothers Tour of Elk Grove.

The three-stage format of the Alexian Brothers Tour of Elk Grove provides close racing. Cantwell placed well in the Stage 1 prologue Time Trial and clinched the Tour overall with wins in both Stage 2 and 3.

With time bonuses for the first three places each day of 20 - 12 - 8 seconds respectively to win the Tour, winning stages was imperative.

Jonathan noted, "Mateship played an important role in Fly V Australia winning today. After Stage 1 David Tanner was best placed and I was actually working for him in yesterday's finish. In a hectic final we lost each other and I came up with the win, which put me within 7 seconds of the lead. As a result Dave and my other teammates were perfect in delivering me to the line today for a great win for them and the team."

Jonathan went on to add, "Ben Day was meant to be racing with us this week and has been great all year, unfortunately for us and Ben he came down with a fever and a nasty virus that has him temporarily in Hospital, this win is for Ben."