Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FlynG is in town for training this week at DFW.

We did a quick 32 mile fixed gear ride this afternoon around the area....

We are similar sized and both used egg beaters so we even switched bikes for a while.

For the record, his Mercian is frigging gorgeous...

Thanks FlynG and hopefully we can hook up for an after work ride this week.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,158 Posts
Mercian makes a rack to hold a Mini?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
JetSpeed said:
Mercian makes a rack to hold a Mini?
Pretty cool huh? Bet it could carry two Smart cars....

·
hold my beer n watch this
1,756 Posts
I <3 da lounge!

Nice ride too! Effing hot but nice ride.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If I had a Mercian I would rearrange the letters to spell " 'merican ", cause i'm from 'merica

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Thursday you boys need to get over to the AA Center for the big show... I will be racing... you ain't never seen big-time crit racing like this.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
weltyed said:
eggbeaters FTW!
do crank brothers make good girl pedals?

·
1,756 Posts
innergel said:
we can have a threesome!
You posted this in da lounge??:eek:

I'm up for a Thursday afternoon ride followed by the crit races with creaky if that works for you and Dave.

Dave was thinking 2-4 for a start time. I'm flexible and can drive or train either way to make it work.

Flyn G

·
1,756 Posts
tomk96 said:
do crank brothers make good girl pedals?

Yes, even in pink!

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
FlynG said:
You posted this in da lounge??:eek:

I'm up for a Thursday afternoon ride followed by the crit races with creaky if that works for you and Dave.

Dave was thinking 2-4 for a start time. I'm flexible and can drive or train either way to make it work.

Flyn G
No way I could go that early. If you guys want to roll early, that's cool. I can ride down to the race at the AAC and meet you there. It's an easy ride for me from home. And a night ride up the Katy Trail would be fun.

·
1,756 Posts
innergel said:
No way I could go that early. If you guys want to roll early, that's cool. I can ride down to the race at the AAC and meet you there. It's an easy ride for me from home. And a night ride up the Katy Trail would be fun.
We will figure out a way and time to meet up over there. I'll let you and Dave figure the best way to do it. I've got a light with me but only 1 battery. A short night ride would be OK too.

Flyn G

·
1,756 Posts
innergel said:
What kind of light? Maybe I can bring you a battery.
It's a P7 flashlight that uses an 18650 battery. I'm good on high for about an hour and quite a bit longer on low.

Flyn G

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FlynG said:
It's a P7 flashlight that uses an 18650 battery. I'm good on high for about an hour and quite a bit longer on low.

Flyn G

I'm thinking you and I meet at your hotel Thursday afternoon,

We'll ride around for a while and end up at the Irving Centerport train station.

Take the train to American Airlines Center and watch the crit, ride with Innergel, take the train back..

it's a short ride from the Irving train station back to your hotel and it's 95% safe at night. My only concern is the last 1 mile along the 183 service road at night...drunk drivers worry me...Worst case, we meet at the train station and ride from there...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts