Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I can get a great deal on either of these frames. I just don't know which to buy...Anyone riden these? I am 5'6'' and weigh 150lb. I raced as a young lad, but now with two young kids my racing has slowed down. I hope to race ahain in the next 2-3 years.

I like to climb, it is a strength and I am a spinner. The guys at Flyte said at my weight they didn't think it made a diference. Yt I do not want a flexy frame. But the defient is $200 cheeper. The arsenal has shaped ti tubes so is said to be slightly stiffer.

I curently ride a Orbea, zona steel rig.

· Registered
1,558 Posts
campguy71 said:
Hey I can get a great deal on either of these frames. I just don't know which to buy...Anyone riden these? I am 5'6'' and weigh 150lb. I raced as a young lad, but now with two young kids my racing has slowed down. I hope to race ahain in the next 2-3 years.

I like to climb, it is a strength and I am a spinner. The guys at Flyte said at my weight they didn't think it made a diference. Yt I do not want a flexy frame. But the defient is $200 cheeper. The arsenal has shaped ti tubes so is said to be slightly stiffer.

I curently ride a Orbea, zona steel rig.
The TT is effective TT is longer on the arsenal in the "54" with the same seat tube angle.
Buy a bike that fits you best. In terms of asthetics, I like the defiant. And if you are planning on doing crit riding the SR2 will be a better choice. Fit, however is paramount. Don't buy any bike that doesn't fit perfectly, regardless of the deal or the desire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.