Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a link for an Irish radio show...the same show in which Paul originally mentioned the cancer being back a number of months ago. The show has also had Betsy and Pat McQuaid, but Pat being a coward refused to go on with Betsy....
The link is for an interview done with Kimmage in the aftermath of the TOC press conference.

http://newstalk.ie/newstalk/off-the-ball/downloads.html

·
Registered
689 Posts
Y'know, the interviewer's suggestion that the 'cancer on cycling' comment has given LA the perfect get-out is spot on.

I really wish that Kimmage hadn't said it. I understand what he meant, but it was over the top, IMO. And now it leaves LA not having to need to address Kimmage's questions properly and also torpedoes any (slim) chance of an interview that he ever had.

Damn, I'd love to see that interview happen.

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
dave2pvd said:
Y'know, the interviewer's suggestion that the 'cancer on cycling' comment has given LA the perfect get-out is spot on.

I really wish that Kimmage hadn't said it. I understand what he meant, but it was over the top, IMO. And now it leaves LA not having to need to address Kimmage's questions properly and also torpedoes any (slim) chance of an interview that he ever had.

It is also my view that Kimmage is too stupid to know that he was permanently closing the door on any chance at a future interview when he shot off his mouth?

Kimmage was right though--Lances' return has really diminished the viewership and interest in pro cycling. I don't think anyone showed up at the TOC! The sport is dead!(he's a friken idiot and a cancer of rational reporting).

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
dave2pvd said:

If Kimmage said that Lance was the second coming he still wouldn't have been granted an interview. To suggest otherwise is delusional.

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
SwiftSolo said:
It is also my view that Kimmage is too stupid to know that he was permanently closing the door on any chance at a future interview when he shot off his mouth?

Kimmage was right though--Lances' return has really diminished the viewership and interest in pro cycling. I don't think anyone showed up at the TOC! The sport is dead!(he's a friken idiot and a cancer of rational reporting).
Kimmage is too stupid? There is a growing list of journalist that have questioned the myth and have ended up on the Armstrong blacklist. Kimmage knew that he would never get an interview so why not say what he, and many others, think?

Were does Kimmage say that Armstrong's return would "diminished the viewership and interest in pro cycling"?

·
Registered
689 Posts
SilasCL said:
If Kimmage said that Lance was the second coming he still wouldn't have been granted an interview. To suggest otherwise is delusional.
Yep, thanks for the delusional comment.

I'd love to see the interview happen. However I am under no illusions that it might. In fact, I suspect that Kimmage couldn't care less one one way or the other. He knew all along that there would be no interview (nothing to do with stupidity, SwiftSolo) and that he could hold that up as evidence that Lance refuses to answer the allegations against him. Which, for Kimmage, is a convenient way of supporting his doper claims.

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
My bad, no insinuation about your character whatsoever.

Has Lance ever granted an interview with any of his detractors? None that I can recall.

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
bigpinkt said:
Kimmage is too stupid? There is a growing list of journalist that have questioned the myth and have ended up on the Armstrong blacklist. Kimmage knew that he would never get an interview so why not say what he, and many others, think?

Were does Kimmage say that Armstrong's return would "diminished the viewership and interest in pro cycling"?
So the "cancer" he was talking about was the growth in interest and viewership of pro cycling! Now that I understand the goal, it is easier to follow the "logic" you guys all subscribe to.

Was the fund raising for cancer research part of that cancer as well?

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
SwiftSolo said:
So the "cancer" he was talking about was the growth in interest and viewership of pro cycling! Now that I understand the goal, it is easier to follow the "logic" you guys all subscribe to.

I think this is the definition of cancer that Kimmage is using:

any evil condition or thing that spreads destructively; blight

Armstrong and his association with doping hurt the sport in many ways beyond viewership.

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
SilasCL said:
I think this is the definition of cancer that Kimmage is using:

any evil condition or thing that spreads destructively; blight

Armstrong and his association with doping hurt the sport in many ways beyond viewership.
"Armstrong and his alleged association with doping provided fodder for losers and haters that has kept them busy (and off the streets) for several years".

I fixed it for you.

Maybe you can tell or show me how his return is hurting the sport or cancer research? That was, after all, the gist of Kimmage's drivel.

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
SwiftSolo said:
Maybe you can tell or show me how his return is hurting the sport or cancer research? That was, after all, the gist of Kimmage's drivel.
It's hurting the credibility of the sport. I would like to be interested in cycling, but as long as it's run by doping apologists and the tactics are more about beating drug tests than making a breakaway, I'm not interested.

Where are you getting the assertion that Lance is hurting cancer research? Never heard anyone say that.

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
SwiftSolo said:
"Armstrong and his alleged association with doping provided fodder for losers and haters that has kept them busy (and off the streets) for several years".

I fixed it for you.

Tim....Tim Herman?????? Is that you?:ciappa:

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
SwiftSolo said:

I don't think it's fair for you to keep making stuff up but cancer is the uncontrolled growth of cells so if he said anything about cancer and growth he probably would have been spot on with the increase in numbers.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Not since one time fan David Walsh gave him a hard time over his links to Ferrari - that interview above all, having read the 'neophytes tale' in 'Inside the Tour de France' with its obvious admiration for Armstrong, convinced me that Armstrong was juiced.

As for attendances at the ToC - it seemed to me that most were there to play silly b*ggers and get their few seconds of camera time rather than watch the sport. The rest were there for a talismanic glimpse of Armstrong - think they'll be there when the Big C isn't? Armstrong does nothing for the sport except drag it back to the ugly days of omerta, act as a lightning rod for doping allegations and promote Brand Armstrong. Anything else - crowds of nutters waving their babies in the peloton's faces, politicians making a song and dance about pledging money they'd already budgeted months ago to 'the cause' to catch a bit of reflected celebrity - is purely incidental to the promotion of Lance Armstrong

·
Registered
348 Posts
dave2pvd said:
Yep, thanks for the delusional comment.

I'd love to see the interview happen. However I am under no illusions that it might. In fact, I suspect that Kimmage couldn't care less one one way or the other. He knew all along that there would be no interview (nothing to do with stupidity, SwiftSolo) and that he could hold that up as evidence that Lance refuses to answer the allegations against him. Which, for Kimmage, is a convenient way of supporting his doper claims.

If that interview ever took place it would be the same ole LA rhetoric: "I'm the most test athlete in the world", "I've never failed a drug test", "What am I on? I'm on my bike 6 hrs a day...".

If the average LA fan knew what a joke the testing programs were (and still are), they would see how weak LA's arguments truly are. Even if LA tests positive, he has already set up the conspiracy theory defense.

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
SwiftSolo said:

I fixed it for you.

Your willingness to completely embarrass yourself in defense of your hero is adorable.

·
Banned
923 Posts
I don't understand what he has to hide - we were promised total transparency, instead we have the same old bollox but even shiftier.

He should take up WADAs invite and have the 99 samples retested - silence the doubters once and for all. Unfortunately, the rest of the press are such a bunch of arse licking Lanceophile sychophants he doesn't have to do anything but avoid drowning in their collective drool

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
SwiftSolo said:
This must explain the poor attendance at the TOC?
2008 TOC Attendance 1.6 million (8 Stages)
2009 TOC Attendance 1.7 Million (first 8 Stages)

Yup, your boy really makes them show up. 6% increase. Nothing to brag about

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.