Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
rockon said:
I've heard a lot of good things about this frame and there is one on craigslist

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/bik/1080649089.html

Wonder what is the max price that I should offer for this? Thanks!
Seems like a good price- IF it were a complete bike but for the frameset and parts listed, I would think it is a bit much. I've seen the CArb Level frames go for $300 or less in the local (Denver) craigslist. I would offer $600 or $700 tops. The Madonna d' Campiglio is not as good a frame as the Carb Level. Is the frame in excellent, good, or fair condition? That would be the primary factor for what to offer for the lot, IMHO. If you do get it, you will love the ride of Fondys. I have an '03 CL and I love it. Just a great all around bike.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ride-Fly said:
Seems like a good price- IF it were a complete bike but for the frameset and parts listed, I would think it is a bit much. I've seen the CArb Level frames go for $300 or less in the local (Denver) craigslist. I would offer $600 or $700 tops. The Madonna d' Campiglio is not as good a frame as the Carb Level. Is the frame in excellent, good, or fair condition? That would be the primary factor for what to offer for the lot, IMHO. If you do get it, you will love the ride of Fondys. I have an '03 CL and I love it. Just a great all around bike.
I haven't seen it in person but according to the ad, it seems in good to excellent condition. BTW, I didn't know that the Madonna d' Campiglio is not as good a frame as the Carb Level! How does the Top Level compare to Carb Level? The only different between the two is the carbon seat stays right? Anyway, I'm looking for one Carb/Top Level size 52cm (small). If anyone sees one anywhere, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
rockon said:
I haven't seen it in person but according to the ad, it seems in good to excellent condition. BTW, I didn't know that the Madonna d' Campiglio is not as good a frame as the Carb Level! How does the Top Level compare to Carb Level? The only different between the two is the carbon seat stays right? Anyway, I'm looking for one Carb/Top Level size 52cm (small). If anyone sees one anywhere, please let me know. Thanks!
Yes the only difference is the carbon seatstays. The Top Level is the same AL (Dedaccia U2 tubes in thicker gaging marketed as U107- which BTW still makes for a very light AL frame) as the CArb Level. In later years, Fondriest made a Carb Level Plus that had seat and chainstays in carbon.

The only reason the MdC is less a frame is that it uses a lower grade AL (I think 7005 but I am not sure). I do know it is not the U107. Another thing to keep in mind is that the last year or two that the original Fondriest company was in existence, they lowered the CL by using 7005 tubes and even farming them out to Asian manufacturers.

From the looks of this MdC from Craigslist, it looks like an original Made in Italy Fondriest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.