Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time isolating the cause of the problem, but I sometimes get a bit of pain in my feet. It usually occurs in either one foot or the other, rarely both at the same time. It usually starts near the ball of my foot, or on the adjacent side of the ball. The pain usually starts after about 10km or so but eventually goes away after riding some more.

I use Sidi Genus 5 carbons, Ultegra 6610 pedals. I'm pretty confident that the shoes are a good fit and that something is wrong with the adjustment of my shoes/bike. I'm wondering about the possiblilty of needing one of those inserts that goes between the cleat and shoe.

Any ideas?

· gazing from the shadows
27,388 Posts
Obsidian said:
Any ideas?
No.

But I do have something that affects my feet similarly, early in the ride and then goes away. Basically my feet swell a bit as I start to ride, then the swelling goes down. I used to have to loosen my shoes after a few miles, then retighten them after my feet settle down. Now I just start a bit looser and tighten up later. This might be the source of your problem, since the ball of the foot is the widest part. Try leaving the strap across that part of your shoes a bit loose for the start of the ride and then tighten it up after a while.

Just a guess, I am not an MD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.