Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,963 Posts
Even if I had a boat load of money, I still would not spend that kind of money on a bike.
I don't think they're targetting normal consumers....that much is a takeaway from the "Bugatti" logo at the top of their page.

In like how they call it an "urban bike"...and put $10,000USD Lightweight wheels on it. Anyone dumb enough to ride that bike in any practical urban use almost deserves to have their bike stolen from them, along with the $35,000 purchase price.

·
Always changing.....
4,523 Posts
I don't think they're targetting normal consumers....that much is a takeaway from the "Bugatti" logo at the top of their page.

In like how they call it an "urban bike"...and put $10,000USD Lightweight wheels on it. Anyone dumb enough to ride that bike in any practical urban use almost deserves to have their bike stolen from them, along with the $35,000 purchase price.
Even if I was not a normal consumer or an individual capable of having a 'Bugatti' type lifestyle, I still would not buy it or anything comparable to the value. I do appreciate an expensive bike, just something not that high on the dollar scale.

·
30 mpdb
1,001 Posts
If I'm laying down that kind of money, I'd expect a complete set of stays. Otherwise it's like I'm not getting my money's worth. And some bottle cages. And a security detail. And a kill-switch.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Can I say fugly without getting banned?

Reactions: Touch0Gray

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
You know, people riding Walmart bikes have the same conversations about those of us who ride $1,500+ bikes. I imagine Bugatti owners look at us the same way we look at Walmart shoppers.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Don't think of it as $35000... think of it as $3181.81 / pound. It makes much less sense that way. :)

The person who buys this doesn't care about the spec. They're going to ride it twice a year while visiting their summer home. The rest of the time it will hang on a wall in a garage that is larger than my house. That, or it will sit as a show piece in someone's bike room. At that point, though you might as well think of it as a $35000 sculpture of a bike.

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
You know, people riding Walmart bikes have the same conversations about those of us who ride $1,500+ bikes. I imagine Bugatti owners look at us the same way we look at Walmart shoppers.
Bugatti owners stay "fit" via plastic surgery and not with bicycles.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
You moreons don't understand the 1%. This is for "urban" riding around the estate. Maybe get two so you can challenge your butler to a lap around the yard.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
You know, people riding Walmart bikes have the same conversations about those of us who ride $1,500+ bikes.
Probably. The funny part about that is, I realistically probably have more of a Walmart bike budget. But I wanted a nice bike so I saved for it. I'm a Walmart-bike person riding above his means. :D

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I'd prefer not to be included in that "we". Some of my good friends ride Walmart-esque bikes. They ride what they can afford... at least they ride.
You're making assumptions about how I view Walmart bike riders. I feel the same way you do, at least they ride.

Similarly, while I do feel pity for those who can't afford a Buggati, I am happy that they can at least afford to drive places.

JK, I'm still driving a 94 Nissan.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
Damn Hipsters.

·
Registered
8,799 Posts
I wonder how much it'd cost to get a rack for the Bugatti Chiron to carry the Bugatti PG? And one couldn't just hang the PG on a hook in the garage, so Bugatti must also have some type of storage system of high enough standards for the PG.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I once farted in a room full of hipsters. They spent two hours arguing over who heard it first.
this is funny. It'll make me laugh next time I walk down Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.