Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I can't recommend it highly enough.

Just shy of TWO feet fresh.

Made first tracks today. Better than I ever thought it could be. Most I've snowboarded through was less than a foot, and even that was amazing.

Snow was flying everywhere, even up my nose. Simply. Amazing. Too bad I didn't have a riding buddy with me today to snap some good photos.

Glorious, perfect day. So good I even ditched the cute dude who was a Gary Sinise look-alike. (P.S. sorry Larry, you just couldn't compete with two feet of fresh pow).

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be about blow.

first!

joe

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was better than blow, in any sense of the word.

Weren't you the one having a "Smoking Loon" Merlot party the other night. I'm raising a glass of the very same to you, as I type. :)

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
I've experienced it. But it wasn't in the context of trying to hurtle down a mountain in the stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
It was better than blow, in any sense of the word.

Weren't you the one having a "Smoking Loon" Merlot party the other night. I'm raising a glass of the very same to you, as I type. :)

I like to have a Smoking Loon party two or three times a month or so :)

I have a bottle of their syrah at home waiting for me, though I think I'm going to save it for tomorrow night :)

they had a sale on all the Smoking Loon at Ralph's the other day and I grabbed a bottle of the syrah as I haven't had it before (generally go for the pinot noir or merlot... cab on occasion). For the price (I've never paid more than $7/bottle for it, and often times it can be had for $4 or $5) I don't think it can be beat in terms of consistency, which is not bad at all if you ask me. The only other wine I've had such luck with is Coppola Diamond Series, and that can be $14-$18 bottle.

joe

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Just think how much money you could've saved if you'd just been patient. :)

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Got it in my yard, and I'm f****** tired of it.

Snow is the most overrated thing on earth except for carbon fiber. If i never saw another flake of it, I'd die a happy man.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cory said:
Snow is the most overrated thing on earth except for carbon fiber. If i never saw another flake of it, I'd die a happy man.

I sense some agitation on your part. Perhaps you should talk to someone.

:D

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
today i rode in shorts for the first time this year. only the second ride outside. i hope we are done with snow.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
tomk96 said:
today i rode in shorts for the first time this year. only the second ride outside. i hope we are done with snow.
Me too. It was a nice day in Northern Illinois. No mere snow till X-Mas please.

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Cory said:
My thoughts exactly. You know how snowmen & the like stay up for a day or two after the normal snow melts? I always get the nearly uncontrollable urge to stop my car or bike and go knock them over/smash them so that they will also melt.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Agreed, deep powder is bliss.

NO waiting on powder days, so don't worry about ditching anyone...

I roll my eyez and LOL when people tell me that skiing in powder is "too much work" or "not fun". Yeah, and filet mignon is just cow meat. puh-lease.

Great shots, too!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Andrea138 said:
I still hate snow. Sorry.
me too. been up to park city, didn't interest me. what we get around here once every few years is more than enough IMHO.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
Manna from God!!!!! There are two rules for powder days:

1-There are no friends on powder days
2-Go first

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
-pops- said:
OEH -

Tye Mill chair at Stevens? Or were you at Mission?

Mission.

It continued to snow like mad after I left and into the night. Sunny this AM... Should be another fabulous day up there but unfortunately I have to go to work. Booooo!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts