Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read many horror stories of people with subscription nightmares with Cycling.TV. I thought I had all the bases covered when I didn't renew my last year's account and opened up a new one.

But they double dipped - they billed my Visa account (which is what I gave them permission to do) and they ALSO billed my PayPal account. I guess I hadn't cancelled my "subscription" in my PP account. You have to dig deep to do this. *See steps below on how to do this*

E-mailing CTV three times did no good. They never answer e-mails and have a long history of this. PP denied my claim of fraudulent use of my account (??). Then I contacted my credit card company and they gave me a toll-free number for CTV's parent company Jump TV in the USA. (877.967.3267)

Jump TV were very helpful and explained that the problem was due to company mergers and duplicated information. I was advised to e-mail my PP receipt to them with an explanation.

This I did an got a reply overnight from customer service rep "Aric". He'd already reversed my PP payment. I thanked him and he responded with the offer of future help if needed.

So for those with subscription issues I suggest you e-mail Jump TV -

[email protected] with a cc to -
[email protected]

*To cancel an Active paypal Subscription:
1. Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/
2. Click History subtab.
3. Choose the Subscriptions field from the Show drop-down menu.
4. Check the From box and change date back 2 years.
5. Click Search.
6. To view the details of a specific Subscription Creation, click
Details in the Details column .
7. At the bottom of this page, click Cancel Subscription.
8. On the confirmation page, click Cancel Subscription again..

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
They finally scared me a way last year, after two years as a subscriber. It was clear that they had no idea how to organize that website or how to handle customer issues.

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
Ditto

Einstruzende said:
They finally scared me a way last year, after two years as a subscriber. It was clear that they had no idea how to organize that website or how to handle customer issues.
I experienced very few technical issues over the 2 - 3 years I purchased CTV service. The escalating pricing didn't make me too happy, but he kicker for me was the auto-renewel(sp?) subscription. Hopefully they are more up front now and clearly inform you that you are purchasing a subscription that must be canceled if you want it to stop. This wasn't the case at first. I did get my subscription canceled without issue last year, but only because I read a post about it like this one on RBR. Companies that employ tactics like this don't desreve our business.

·
Registered
778 Posts
B2 said:
Hopefully they are more up front now and clearly inform you that you are purchasing a subscription that must be canceled if you want it to stop.
It looks like they are still not up front about auto-renewal. I recently purchased the "Quarterly" package so I could watch the Spring classics. Unless I missed the fine print, it wasn't until I got my receipt from Paypal that it mentioned auto-renewal.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CoffeeBean2 said:
It looks like they are still not up front about auto-renewal. I recently purchased the "Quarterly" package so I could watch the Spring classics. Unless I missed the fine print, it wasn't until I got my receipt from Paypal that it mentioned auto-renewal.
The mention of the removal of an automatic subscription renewal is on the PP receipt. But the whole auto renewal business seems very unethical to me. It's a form of negative billing. PP would have more credibility if all payments and subscriptions were a one time only thing.

CTV should be sending out reminders for subs about to expire. But maybe that takes more effort and generates less money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.