Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a bike that originally came with a full Shimano 105 10spd group... I've been converting everything to Ultegra SL. FD is still 105 (will change that out this week). I picked up a Force crankset and have had issues with the chain getting stuck between the rings when shifting from 53T to 39T. I've been playing with the horizontal adjustment on the FD and when I ride around in front of the house it seems to work fine. Out on a long ride is a different story however. I'm hoping that I just need to "tweak" the FD adjustment a little more. There shouldn't be any compatibility issue(s) right? The chain is a cheaper Shimano (not sure which one)... Should I also try a chain upgrade?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update...

The guy I bought the crankset from had flipped the inner (39t) ring around. This added about 1mm to the spacing between chainrings. So far the bike shifts well so I feel pretty confident that the "flipped" inner ring was causing of my shifting problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.