Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been amassing a pile of parts scrounged all winter and its time to make a bike. Its going pretty well. Did I mention that this is the first time I've attempted this trick? So anyway I am mating the DA 7700 brake caliper to the Easton EC90 fork and something is not right. Is the bolt on the brake to short? How about the nut? The fork is "New" as in never used, however was previously owned. Am I missing some parts? Can someone please give me a clue

Thanks

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
MarkG2 said:
So I have been amassing a pile of parts scrounged all winter and its time to make a bike. Its going pretty well. Did I mention that this is the first time I've attempted this trick? So anyway I am mating the DA 7700 brake caliper to the Easton EC90 fork and something is not right. Is the bolt on the brake to short? How about the nut? The fork is "New" as in never used, however was previously owned. Am I missing some parts? Can someone please give me a clue

Thanks
The "nut" for front brake mounting is available in different lengths. Your LBS likely has what you need.

·
Registered
813 Posts
4bykn said:
The "nut" for front brake mounting is available in different lengths. Your LBS likely has what you need.

you have made sure that youre using the front brake on the front right---cause the bolt is a different length for the front and rear brakes.

jeremyb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts