Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i have a 1" Ritchey WCS Logic headset but it comes with a 27mm crown race. my fork is a 26.4mm. can i purchase a new crown race? does it need to be Ritchey specific or can I use a crown race from another 1" headset? would the LBS carry them? I'd call and ask them myself but it's a holiday weekend in Canada so they will be closed til Tuesday, but I'd like to find the answer this weekend if possible.

thanks

·
Chili hed & old bike fixr
1,197 Posts
Could be a problem

Many headsets are stocked based on the crown race ID. You may be able to get the LBS to order the correct crown race. In recent years, The crown race is usually different enough that you have to buy one specific to your brand of HS. If you have to get a complete HS make sure that the stack height is compatable with your fork and frame combination.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
curlybike said:
Many headsets are stocked based on the crown race ID. You may be able to get the LBS to order the correct crown race. In recent years, The crown race is usually different enough that you have to buy one specific to your brand of HS. If you have to get a complete HS make sure that the stack height is compatable with your fork and frame combination.

that's what i was afraid of... i emailed ritchey to see if they have any suggestions... just waiting for a reply now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.