Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking to upgrade a 2001 Trek 1000 with a carbon threadless fork but would like to get something that keeps the same angles. Does anybody know, or know where to find, what the rake was on the original fork?

Also, any information you can point me to on the topic would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
General Forum

Recently there was a ton of rake and trail information posted on the general forum. Try looking through that. The Trek home web site should have the information you need as to your bike's head tube angle and fork rake. I believe you have a steep HTA. A new Reynolds fork is a rather expensive upgrade for a Trek 1000. It's a good bike just the way it is, suggest you save your money for a completely new bike at some later date.
~Al

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
Gus8 said:
Hi,
Does anybody know, or know where to find, what the rake was on the original fork? .........................................

Thanks.
Have you tried measuring the old fork?? Just a thought.....................

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Rake and Trail

The Trek home site, http://www.trekbikes.com , has a good geometry chart including head tube angles, fork rakes, and trail for all of their bikes. Those figures vary quite a bit depending on frame size. I was surprised to see so much variation in trail between sizes.
~Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts