Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Enve fork that I was thinking of putting on a gunnar crosshairs. The fork rake on the Enve is 47mm and gunnar suggests a 43mm. I know that it will likely be a little twitchy compared to a 43 or 45. Has anyone put a enve fork on a crosshairs? Did you like it or dislike? Thoughts?

I want to use the bike for road, crushed limestone path and backup cross bike.

I wanted to paint the fork to match the frame but if the fork doesnt work out then its money down the drain.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought an Enve fork that I was thinking of putting on a gunnar crosshairs. The fork rake on the Enve is 47mm and gunnar suggests a 43mm. I know that it will likely be a little twitchy compared to a 43 or 45. Has anyone put a enve fork on a crosshairs? Did you like it or dislike? Thoughts?

I want to use the bike for road, crushed limestone path and backup cross bike.

I wanted to paint the fork to match the frame but if the fork doesnt work out then its money down the drain.
Bicycle trail calculator:
Bicycle Trail Calculator | yojimg.net

73 deg head tube, 32mm tires, 43mm rake gives 61mm of trail. 47mm of rake gives 57mm of trail. Steering might be a little quicker but you'll get used to it in no time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.