Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a few guys or gals to ride with. My wife and I both ride, she is more of the newbie rider. We ride together once or twice a week and I ride a faster pace ride on the other days. We live in Saginaw and ride both north and south. Hit us up if you're looking for some people to ride with.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are up in Saginaw, we have just started a new group/club. I guess technically we are a group by hope to have it to a club status soon. You can find the page at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/northtarrantcyclingclub/

There are 5 of us now but we have a lot of interest from others. We hope to capture the cyclists on the north side of town. I used to ride with Lonestar Cyclists over in the Arlington/Grand Prairie area. It's very hard to get home, get the bike and get across town by 6 to start a ride. With all the cyclists in this area, there really needs to be more groups. We are trying to help our area out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm moving to Fort Worth from San Diego in 2 months, and I would be interested in learning the lay of the land. I rode my bike down the trinity trails and had fun, but I noticed most of the roads don't have bike lanes. I'm interested in learning what roads are recommended in the surrounding areas. Lots of nice looking hills in the countryside, but I'm not sure how biker-safe they are as I didn't see many cyclists on them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fort Worth is actually a huge cycling town. The mayor is a huge cycling advocate and has rides of her own on Wednesdays. A lot of the outlying areas are great for long rides and just because you didn't see them at that time, believe me... they're everywhere. Roads on the north side of FTW are usually flat for the most part, the west is hilly, the south is more curvy and small hills. The trinity is a good trail to get from the north side of Fort Worth to the South side. Hit me up if you want to join us on a ride when you get out here. We have a growing group of riders with different experience levels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.