Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Cool. NYC's program is supposed to start operating sometime in May. Registrations went on sale a week ago. They sold 5000 memberships the first week -- costs $95 a year to belong, but you get unlimited rides for no further charge, as long as you return the bike within 45 minutes. (there are 1-day and 7-day passes, too, I think).
Citi Bike | Your bike sharing system in New York City

I am aware that Ft. Worth is smaller (in population, at least) than NYC. But I note that FW is starting with 30 docking stations, NYC with 330.

My only nagging worry is that "Citibike" label. Based on what Citibank did to the value of the shares in my 401k, I'm afraid they're going to find a way to suddenly lose 90% of the bikes.

·
Fred the Clydesdale
1,807 Posts
Washington DC has had this in effect for a while. See Capital Bikeshare

$75 per year for unlimited rides, as long as each ride is under 30 minutes.

·
Fred the Clydesdale
1,807 Posts
We are big fans of DC Bikeshare (which includes a good part of Virginia too).
This is how I got into cycling back in 2011. I bought a membership and went for a few rides. It brought back the fun of cycling to me.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Boston has had it for two, maybe three, years now. It keeps expanding so I assume it’s been a success.

I live and work in the city and cycle everywhere I need to go within the city so it makes more sense to have my own cheap bike locked on the streets……but this program seems to be great for commuters who don’t work right next to where the train or bus dumps them off and city dwellers who don’t depend on bikes daily but may want to use one every now and then to get somewhere.
I’ve only spoke to a few people who use the bikes and they the program and I've never heard the city say anything bad about it so I'm guessing it's here to stay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.