Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a pair of Forte Titan wheels from Performance. I took the rear wheel out of the box and the freewheel acts like the damn thing is packed with axle grease!!! If you spin the wheel with the freewheel, as you would be when pedaling, it seems quite smooth. But when you hold the freewheel, as you would be when NOT pedaling, it's like applying the brakes. The wheel stops spinning in about 1.5 - 2 revolutions.

Before I call Performance and tell them to take these things back..... I'm just wondering if this is/was normal or if they need a "break-in" period, or something. Ideas?

As always, thanks in advance!

· Registered
2,009 Posts
Titan turns stiffer

I have a brand new set of Titan wheels that I haven't used yet. They have no tire and no cassette mounted. I just turned it and it turns stiff. With a hard push it rotated 9 times, with a very hard spin using the spokes as leverage, it spun 14 times. I have 4 spare sets of wheels, 2 of them have cassettes on and turning the cassette with my fingers they seem to turn very easy, really easy. I have another wheel without a cassette and that seems a little stiffer but no where near as stiff as the Titan rear wheel. Being new, maybe it might loosen up?

· Use my Apps :)
1,010 Posts
new seals + packed lube. I'd give them time, they will probably ease up. If it is seal friction you'll never notice it on the bike. Call then if you want to but I bet Performance will take them back if you are still unhappy after a week or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.