Norcross, Georgia (June 28 2011) - Veronique Fortin earned her first Canadian cycling title, capturing the Canadian Road Championships in Milton, Ontario, just one day after switching to her new Blue Axino.

Fortin, 31, earn her first major title by pulling away from the peloton on the race's final category-4 climb and finished the 8-lap, 103-kilometer race in 3:04:09, 18 seconds ahead of her nearest competitor.

An anaesthesiologist by profession, Fortin races with Hamilton, Ontario-based PK-Express/HNZ Strategy.com Cycling Team and only picked up the sport recently. To pull off the win, Fortin rode conservatively in the peloton for most of the race before making a decisive attack up the Rattlesnake Point climb aboard her 2011 Axino.

"I was under the impression that I was less tired than the other girls, and I realized it on the last climb," Fortin told the Canadian Cycling Association after the race. "I pushed a bit harder, and the break just happened naturally. I focussed all my year for this race. Winning is simply incredible."

Fortin, the reigning Quebec provinicial champion from St-George de Beauce, QC, came to the race after having already won the General classification at the 3-day Killington Stage Race in Vermont, USA, over Memorial Day Weekend in May.

Fortin's win was aided by Axino's stiff, powerful frame, which allowed her to make her move when the time was right. Made with tube-to-tube and monococque construction to better perform in one-day classics and criterium races, Axino's 995g frame centers around Blue's Direct Drive, BB30, bottom bracket. The Direct Drive's one-piece construction provides stiffness throughpout the frame, transfering more power with each pedal stroke.

For more information: https://rideblue.com/axino

Source: Chance Regina, Blue Competition Cycles
www.rideblue.com