Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Found a TSX...now I need help...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kondre2000 
#1 ·
I finally found a TSX. its just a hair on the small side for me, its a 54cm with a 54.5 cm toptube, I prefer a 56...I would be able to compensate with a 135mm stem...BUT...
I am in need of help from the people here who know the TSX's frames well.

The frame I found does NOT have the Reparto Corsa sticker, but, it does have the sticker identifying it as made with TSX tubing, and it does have the internal cable routing on the top tube and the drive side chain stay. The color is Celeste and the fork is chromed along with the seat and chain stays. there is a "B" on the top of the down tube on the lug of the head tube. I am told that the frame is 15yrs old so that puts it as a 1994, it is fully lugged. it does appear to be in good condition.

So....
if a TSX frame has the interal cable routing, is it a Reparto Corsa?
How do these frames handle? are they really snappy? I currently own a Trofeo that seems to ride nice, but its not nearly as stiff and snappy as my 1986 Masi 3v. But I also understand that there will be a big difference between the trofeo and a TSX.
a size 54cm TSX tubing, what would the expected weight be?
is it an italian thread or English?
is it worth $380?

Thank you
Kevin

See less See more
#2 ·
My TSX has internal cable routing, both TT and chainstay.
English threaded
TSX was one of the stiffer tubeset at the time
Probably 4-1/4 lbs
Very short chainstays especially compared to trofeo
Offered in odd sizes, yours is a 55
Downtube should be ovalized at BB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.