Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read through the posts and all of you have realy nice bikes.

im new to cross specific frames. i currently ride a quasi cross bike to commute and i need to upgrade in a big way. the bike will be used for everything (commute, road, trails, i dobut it will be raced) and i would prefer the frame not be steel (keep it light for the carry up the apt steps and the long climbes in the area, and as little rusting as possable).

For starters im 6' and about 230lb so im fairly sure carbon forks and seat stays are out (and out of budget). Im looking to keep the frame and fork around or under the $600 mark and not to flashy (commuteing). so far i have found the Kinesis crosslight pro4 and t3 , Redline Conquest Pro, Kona Major Snake and the planet x uncle john cross. ( Both look awesome but what is a good fork selection?)

Any opinions on these frame or other suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks
jonathan

ps i have most of the other gear picked out the frame and fork are the last thing im debating on because i just dont know enough.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
00zero said:
i read through the posts and all of you have realy nice bikes.

im new to cross specific frames. i currently ride a quasi cross bike to commute and i need to upgrade in a big way. the bike will be used for everything (commute, road, trails, i dobut it will be raced) and i would prefer the frame not be steel (keep it light for the carry up the apt steps and the long climbes in the area, and as little rusting as possable).

For starters im 6' and about 230lb so im fairly sure carbon forks and seat stays are out (and out of budget). Im looking to keep the frame and fork around or under the $600 mark and not to flashy (commuteing). so far i have found the Kinesis crosslight pro4 and t3 , Redline Conquest Pro, Kona Major Snake and the planet x uncle john cross. ( Both look awesome but what is a good fork selection?)

Any opinions on these frame or other suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks
jonathan

ps i have most of the other gear picked out the frame and fork are the last thing im debating on because i just dont know enough.

don't forget the Flyte XLS-3. it's sold with or without a carbon fork, but even at 230 I really doubt you're going to have issues with carbon unless you're planning stair drops. they were blowing them out on ebay for 250 or so a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im proably not gonna get a frame from ebay as i dont have enough time or patience to look/ wait for a frame to come along.

Whats a good not too expensive fork that would go with the kona major jake?

has anyone riden the planet-x uncle john?

are there any other frmes i should look at?

thanks
jonathan

·
Registered
813 Posts
00zero said:
im proably not gonna get a frame from ebay as i dont have enough time or patience to look/ wait for a frame to come along.

Whats a good not too expensive fork that would go with the kona major jake?

has anyone riden the planet-x uncle john?

are there any other frmes i should look at?

thanks
jonathan

no exp with uncle john

the stock fork on any of the frames i mentioned would work well for you.

j

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.