Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On occasion I've picked up frames that have come without the hollow bolt that threads into either head tube or down tube braze-on cable stops. While my spare parts can has saved me up until now (the bolts out of Ultegra cable stops work) I'd like to lay a small supply.

I've been to Third Hand, Loose Screws, Bike Parts Etc, and found nothing. It may be that I'm searching with the wrong phrase (STI cable adjuster, barrel adjuster, adjusting barrel, etc,) or it may be that they don't have them

Frame builders must buy them in bulk. Does anyone have a source?

·
Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
1,456 Posts
terry b said:
On occasion I've picked up frames that have come without the hollow bolt that threads into either head tube or down tube braze-on cable stops. While my spare parts can has saved me up until now (the bolts out of Ultegra cable stops work) I'd like to lay a small supply.

I've been to Third Hand, Loose Screws, Bike Parts Etc, and found nothing. It may be that I'm searching with the wrong phrase (STI cable adjuster, barrel adjuster, adjusting barrel, etc,) or it may be that they don't have them

Frame builders must buy them in bulk. Does anyone have a source?
I don't know about bulk, but the QBP (Quality Bike Parts) catalog has various cable adjusters on three different pages, by Shimano, DiaCompe, Jagwire and others. At least you could see the different types availble there.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave - expecting mine in the mail shortly. I've found a couple of possibilities via the many "special order catalog" pages that some bike shops have on their websites. I assume that is the QBP.

I'd really like to buy a bag of them from someone.

·
Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
1,456 Posts
terry b said:
Thanks Dave - expecting mine in the mail shortly. I've found a couple of possibilities via the many "special order catalog" pages that some bike shops have on their websites. I assume that is the QBP.

I'd really like to buy a bag of them from someone.
Here's a discounted, on-line, QBP catalog. Note that they do have bag or bulk pricing.
http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&Category=430

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aha

Mr. Mike - how're you doing? Was looking out for you on Sunday.

You've found them. I had been searching that catalog on line and somehow managed to miss them. Probably using the wrong phrase.

Vanilla should be in by the end of next week. Keep an eye out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts