Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm looking to purchase either a 2011 Roubaix Expert or a 2011 Roubaix Pro. I know that there's a definite difference in components between the Expert and the Pro.

However, I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between the Expert frame and the Pro frame. Both are SL3 design with FACT 10r carbon.

Am I blind, or is there not much difference (if any) between the frames except for the paint job?

Thanks.

·
3,494 Posts
Yes, they are the same frame. This is also true in the Tarmac range. In many ways, the Expert is the value/performance sweet-spot of the whole line-up.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
The Expert with its full Utegra group is the same frame as the Pro. I was looking at this on the web site and find that this bike is an amazing deal for the money. I even like the Blue/White color scheme on the 2011 Expert

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree, the expert is a great bike at that price point, I bought an Expert Rival back in 2007 and it's been an awesome bike. I personally think the Carbon/Gloss White Pro Sram
it the best looking bike in the line, comes with Red/Force, TRP Brakes, Roval Wheels, carbon bars
and crankset…. I just had to have it so I ordered mine last week, hoping to have it in a few months.

·
Registered
717 Posts
t_togh said:
Can't you get an OSBB on the Pro?
On the full bike, with SRAM, OSBB us the only option. In a frameset or with Shimano, the threaded BB is the only option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts