Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Supersweet components

Votes: 6 20.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Superlight cf frame with ok component group (shimano ultegra double) or aluminum w/cf fork and stays coupled with campy gruppos? This is for triathloning and I'm just looking to upgrade from my all alum Guru chron'alu with ultegra. Let's hear some of these opinions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd rather have a supersweet frame than top end components on a mediocre frame. The frame is the heart and soul of the bicycle and it will dictate the ride quality and the ride experience more than any other part. Wheels come second and components for me are third. I actually like Ultegra components more than Dura Ace. There are also many over rated supersweet frames that are actually heavier and flexier than frames not even half as lust worthy. I have seen the stress analysis numbers and also the stffiness numbers for many eye candy bikes and you would be surprised just how lousy some of these bikes actually are. No I won't name names.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Best value...for the price I don't know if the new Ultegra can be beat. I'm a Campy guy, however i've only used Record, not Centaur which is comparably priced with Ultegra. I've ridden the Ultegra 10 for a couple rides, and it is very smooth operationally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.