Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a frame pump that mounts to the top bar. Any recommendations? I was surprised at my difficulty in finding one. I've been to Peformance and Trek stores here in San Diego and no luck. I picked up a Topeak that says it's top bar mount, but basically it's a small cage mount that just has some straps that wrap around the top bar.

I'm assuming there's got to be a better product out there that's specifically configured for top bar mounting. Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Blackburn and Zefal both make frame pumps that mount under your top tube. I use a Blackburn on my old bike. You can use a ziploc tie as a pump peg. You might have to cinch it down with a velcro strap, I don't.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Zefal HPx is the classic. Mine is at least 15 years old and works like new. They come in four or five lengths to fit your top tube.
As another post said, Blackburn also makes an excellent one. I bought one of those last year, and it seems even nicer than the Zefal.

·
OUTLAW BIKER
463 Posts
I use the Zefal HPx and its about 15 years old...
I got it at supergo, which was bought out by Performance.
Try a schwinn store, or any local bike shop, probably best by phone first.
As for the straps if the top tube is too long for the pump it's ok to use them, I also use them with great success. I have a velcro strap that makes sure nothing gets lost, I'd suggest that also. The strap wraps around the top tube and pump with a small pad that keeps the pump from chaffing the tt.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I don't know how light or small you want to go, but I have a Topeak Road Morph mounted under the top tube on my commuter. Hands down, it's the very best pump you can buy other than a floor pump. Look it up at performance or wherever.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Blackburn at Performance

I picked one up when I bought my road bike last September at the La Mesa Performance store. Fits right under the top tube between the head tube and the seat tube, with a velcro strap to hold it in place.

I was there a week or so ago, they've really reduced their stock level... didn't look at pumps though.

·
Behind on post count
305 Posts
I got a a Topeak Mini-Morph for the top tube of my winter road bike. It is the first pump I've attached to a bike in almost 20 years. (CO2 guy). I zip tied the mount on with some electrical tape on the top tube under the ties and I never notice it is there.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
"What exactly is a "Top Bar" on a bicycle?"

It's what a "noob" calls a top tube.

·
Undiscovered Cyclist
76 Posts
If you find a pump you like, but not how it mounts, consider two pieces of double sided velcro. A loop or so around the pump, then around the top tube, and you're ready to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.