Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just browsed through Seven's site andmy frame status says its now ready for shipment. Can't wait to build her up two days earlier from their estimated completion date, will post pics as soon as I receive my frame.:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's very cool. I know you're beyond excited. Which frame? Paint or no paint? What components will you put on it?

I signed off on the specs for my new ID8 about 3 weeks ago and they are saying it should ship around the week of 5/24. I can't tell you how many times I've checked the frame tracker hoping for a status change so I can read what they're doing on it now.

So what was the time between spec sign-off and ship date?

Here's a Photoshop creation of what mine should look like (made from pix on the Seven website):

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Mikey

Good to hear. Wonder how long it will take to deliver to your lbs. When was original estimated ship date? I have been watching my status for 4 weeks now and see nothing but creating frame kit under status. Getting anxious.
4ster thats a nice looking bike. Your painting it? I was told that paint adds about 6 weeks to the process. Maybe not.
Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
tpcrider said:
4ster thats a nice looking bike. Your painting it? I was told that paint adds about 6 weeks to the process. Maybe not.
Thanks, I hope it looks as good in reality as I think it does on the screen. Seven is doing the paint, I just designed it using Photoshop. I was also told paint would add time for delivery, but the tracker says 5/24. I have sent customer service an email to make sure that's the correct date. My status has been on creating frame kit for about a week now. I keep checking thinking it will change, but sounds like it won't soon, based on your experience. My guess is that the kit has been created and it's now waiting in line for the building to begin. Sounds like yours is a little ways ahead of mine. Post when you see the status change.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm from the Philippines dunno how long it would take my dealer to get my frame here. Seven was 2 days ahead of their estimate and as far as i can remember the whole process took only less than 30 days. Btw mine is an axiom sg brushed finish.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know exactly what you guys are going through. My Seven was shipped to my LBS in a little under a month. I was on the Seven site everyday hoping to see the status change in the build process. When it changed to "ready to be shipped", I was running around the room doing the happy dance. Enjoy your Seven.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was posted as being shipped last Friday and was in my LBS by today (Weds.). It looks great and I'm really happy. I just have to wait for my wheels to come in to finish building it.

Hope you like your bike when it comes in!

·
Registered
42 Posts
More details please...

avgbean said:
Finished it last night and took it out for a 30 mile ride this morning. I love it!!!
Looks nice! I know you're enjoying it.

Was the fit what you expected based on working with your lbs? Did you go directly with Seven's fit recommendations or did you make changes to their numbers before you signed off?

Is the ride what you wanted it to be based on how you answered the performance questions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The fit was exactly what I expected. We went with the fit suggestions from Seven about setting it up. Its exactly what I asked for, as for performance--I don't think you could get any better. Unfortunately, I think I'm permanently spoiled for any other bike :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.