Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my "best" frame that is actually quite old (6 years old), but do not have a vast amount of money to spend - about £500 / $930 maximum. My current best frame is a Raleigh 631 frame & forks with 2003 Ultegra throughout.

I was considering the Argon 18 Radon Cz because it looks good (see picture), and I could see my Ultegra gear being quite happy on it.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what might also be worth considering?

I do not race, but like to ride as quick as I can as often as I can.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i'd go with a fondriest. they are blowing out their 2003 inventory (at least in the us) and have great frames for that price. i scored a top level that was ridden one season for $500...not bad for a frame that was going for $2100 a year ago!

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
853 Steel Steeds

Have you tried Salsa or IRD? Both make quality frames in 853 Reynolds steel at very affordable prices. I have the IRD Impala in an amazing burple. Rides straight and true and the build-up was a snap. The Impala has the cable guides up on the headtube and very nice dropouts. Size it like a cyclocross bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.