Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SW Tarmac SL4 Red that I'm parting out and I'm looking for advice/experience on how to sell it to get the most cash money. I'm keeping all of the Red groupo but the crankset - everything else goes. Should I sell it piece by piece or as a rolling chassis (sans drivetrain)?

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Generally speaking, I think selling individual parts will net you more than selling as a partial package. However, there are exceptions, like where the buyer needs a frameset and wheels. In which case, you'd negotiate a price based on both items.

So, it depends. Initially, I'd go with selling separately to see how quickly (or not so quickly) things sell.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Separately. Take good photos. Sell frame,fork and headset together. Publish measurements, especially steerer length remaining. Research and publish a reasonable shipping cost, and free pickup if that's available. Sell the other bits individually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.