Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wanted a Lemond. Because I like steel and live where the roads are rough. One just popped up locally. Looks like a 2001 Tourmalet and could use some work, new chain and handlebar tape from what I can see so far.

It is advertised as 21" frame. I am 5'10" with a 29" inseam. According the chart I should be on a 19" frame. The guy is only asking $100 for the bike. I have really long torso so usually have to go up in frame size, with a 2" discrepancy, should i even look at it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The old Lemond geometry typically come with relatively long top tubes. It is worth a check.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's local, why not take a look?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It was very local. It was a 4 minute walk from my house. It does feel a bit tall but with speedplay pedals worth over $100, and the asking price $100, I had to buy it. It also had a triple crank which is something I had tried to add to my (old) bike (as of 20 minutes ago) but could not.

It looks super clean, but needed air and a front derailleur cable. It has Tiagra groupo so not the lightest bike but I am ready to get off the couch and get training. Now that I have the gearing I am ready to start training for LOTOJA next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts