Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please, Please.

Need some frame suggestions here. I have problems with my Orbea Orca so my shop is going to credit me for the frame so I can pick out something else. They are a Cervelo, Trek, Specialized dealer. Here are some of my thoughts.

S-Works Tarmac SL / SL2
Madone
R3, RS or Soloist Carbon

Thanks for your suggestions.

· Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
kkowalsk said:
Please, Please.

Need some frame suggestions here. I have problems with my Orbea Orca so my shop is going to credit me for the frame so I can pick out something else. They are a Cervelo, Trek, Specialized dealer. Here are some of my thoughts.

S-Works Tarmac SL / SL2
Madone
R3 or RS

Thanks for your suggestions.
IMO, fit is of utmost importance, so whichever fits best should be the #1 pick. If the Orca fit well and handled well, it might be worth comparing the geo with the bikes you're considering.
Fit and geo issues aside, my preferences are:
Tarmac - any model
Madone - 5 series
R3/ RS - but I wouldn't really consider them.

The Tarmac (again, IMO) has the most balanced ride of the group you mention. Good amount of road feedback, but some damping thrown in and it's a great handling bike.

The Madone (5 series) are also very good. Ride is good, handling is very good, but for me there's a little too much isolation from the road.

I've only ridden the R3 so I can't comment on the RS, but to me, the R3 is all about light and fast. You'll feel everything, and while some see that as a good thing, I prefer a dose of damping (a la Tarmac) with my bikes.

If you're able (and it sounds like you're not), expand your search to Felt as well. IMO, they're worth a look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.