Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were going to buy a road bike to race today - what would it be? Carbon, Aluminum (w/carbon seatpost, fork), Titanium, Steel?

I'm currently riding a "cheaper" carbon bike that I like alot, however, like cars, I want something different. I'm curious if it's just a matter of preference at this point, or whether some of these listed above just can't perform as well.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Either steel or carbon.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
No aluminum for me, thanks. I've had two of them. NOmore.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
steel. ti maybe alum. but i had a colnago mix that i thought was harsh. should of bought a col. dream. don't really care about riding the lightest bike or hanging with the group, 20lbs or less is good.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got to see, close up, and touch, a couple of Craig Calfee's bamboo bikes. They are amazingly light machines made out of stuff that grows naturally. One of his bikes even used bamboo strips to wrap the joints together. I did not ride one but others who have say they feel like a carbon fiber bike. The bike Craig rides himself on the beach is really trick. There are little red flasher lights in the ends of the two tubes that make the rear rack. The bike also has wood fenders on it and a Rolph 14 speed hub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts