Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a frame and build it up that can fit a 40c or more tire. Doesn't have to be from a big manufacture. Looking for going more small batch style.

What I have looked at so far...
-Rodeo Labs
-Breadwinner
-Squid Bikes

Open to suggestions! Thanks!

(Also going to cross post this in Bikes, Frames, and Forks)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking to get a frame and build it up that can fit a 40c or more tire. Doesn't have to be from a big manufacture. Looking for going more small batch style.

What I have looked at so far...
-Rodeo Labs
-Breadwinner
-Squid Bikes

Open to suggestions! Thanks!

(Also going to cross post this in Bikes, Frames, and Forks)
Van Dessel Full Tilt Boogie. This frame allow 40c tyres

Inviato dal mio MotoG3 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Lynskey Cooper CX and Pro-cross if you want to explore Ti. Also Niner RLT9 (not small batch though)

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
Off the top of my head;

Kona Rove (I have the Ti version, made by Lynsky. I have Clement MSO 40's on there w/ heaps of room left)
Raleigh RXC Pro Disc (also have, yes it fits 40's- I have WTB Nano 40's on there now. Not a ton of extra room, but still plenty of clearance).
Salsa Warbird Carbon
Specialized Diverge
Devinci Hatchet Carbon
Norco Search (tight for 40's apparently)

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,410 Posts
Another not yet mention here that has clearance for 40mm tires is the:

Jamis Renegade.

But I'm not sure if they sell the frame only.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Off the top of my head;

Kona Rove (I have the Ti version, made by Lynsky. I have Clement MSO 40's on there w/ heaps of room left)
Raleigh RXC Pro Disc (also have, yes it fits 40's- I have WTB Nano 40's on there now. Not a ton of extra room, but still plenty of clearance).
Salsa Warbird Carbon
Specialized Diverge
Devinci Hatchet Carbon
Norco Search (tight for 40's apparently)
The specialized diverge will not support a 40c. I have 35c that measure 38 and it's tight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's not a "small batch" company but the Giant TCX has plenty of room for 40c tires. I'm currently running 700x40 Maxxis Ramblers front and rear on mine and it has tons of clearance. I've also ran a 1.8 Specialized Renegade on the front of my TCX with plenty of room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts