Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets suppose that I had a bike with a nice gruppo, but the frame was too small. I buy the right sized frameset, and want to pay the LBS to take everything off the small bike, and put it on the larger bike. what would I expect to pay? thanks

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Call the LBS and ask them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
bauerb said:
lets suppose that I had a bike with a nice gruppo, but the frame was too small. I buy the right sized frameset, and want to pay the LBS to take everything off the small bike, and put it on the larger bike. what would I expect to pay? thanks
Before I taught myself to put together a bicycle about 5 years ago, the LBSs would charge from $110 to 150. Wheels are like $70-80 if they have to build them.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
just did this, this week, charge was a $100 for labor. they talked me into new cables $69 (campy) and then a new braze on front derailleur, mine was a clamp on (see post about dull finish on chorus derailleur) $85. i got some tape at no charge. happens everytime i buy a frame i think i'll do the transfer, get the frame realize i don't have a tool, say screw it and send to LBS. after i ride the new bike i decide it was worth it......... make sure all your parts will transfer. will the chain work? do you need new cables? anything well worn? i did a transfer on a bike that had the wrong bottom bracket on it. it was a triple, i was running a double after about 200 miles the crank started to unscrew itself from the shell. check your parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts