Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine won in a charity auction the last bike Francesco Moser raced & won on. No pooping. It is a Moser with full Dura-Ace, yadda-yadda. Considering this man's pedigree, what would you estimate this bike to be worth? It seems like a piece of history to me. How would he go about selling it?

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Probably not significantly more than any other Moser

...especially since he is still riding all the time.

Biggie_Sized said:
A friend of mine won in a charity auction the last bike Francesco Moser raced & won on. No pooping. It is a Moser with full Dura-Ace, yadda-yadda. Considering this man's pedigree, what would you estimate this bike to be worth? It seems like a piece of history to me. How would he go about selling it?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Biggie_Sized said:
Moser winning on Dura Ace?
If he did it wasn't a race worth mentioning. Moser rode Campagnolo throughout his career. If it's his last Pro bike then in 88 he won two races that I've never heard of.

Have you any pics of it to nail down the year?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct on several accounts...

First, it was 88. Second, it was the Hamilton International Road Race(there were some great riders there. Third, I believe Moser was the first rider Shimano sponsored.

I will get pictures...

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Biggie_Sized said:
First, it was 88. Second, it was the Hamilton International Road Race(there were some great riders there. Third, I believe Moser was the first rider Shimano sponsored.

I will get pictures...
First was Freddy Maertens in the 70's.

The bike would have some value over normal second hand value if it was used to win at Roubaix, at the Worlds or in the Giro. Beyond that it's unlikely to affect the resale value much if at all.

Be interesting to see the pics though.

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
Toronto Italian cycling community

Because it was Moser and because the race was near Toronto you may get some interest by advertising with the clubs that run out of Bicicletta and Pavan, two Toronto area bike clubs. There are still guys that talk about that race. I'm not sure who to contact. Canadiancyclist.com also has a classified section

Too bad it wasn't campy. What size is it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts