Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking them out on their website and they look nice and seem to be very customer oriented. I recently joined a team and Franco is a sponsor. Anyone have any experience with them? I've searched but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

·
Registered
481 Posts
I raced for a team in Cali that Franco sponsored and a few guys had their bike and loved it, but I have no personal experience.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've built a couple of these for racing Cat 4/5 customers. I believe they are just Chinese open mold type frames with some extra hand-finishing work and support. Didn't have any glaring issues, but not too remarkable if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've built a couple of these for racing Cat 4/5 customers. I believe they are just Chinese open mold type frames with some extra hand-finishing work and support. Didn't have any glaring issues, but not too remarkable if I remember correctly.

I have actually been talking with one of the owners of the company as well as done some research and they are not open molds. They are their own designs. Each frame is hand built and hand painted and when you buy your bike, you can change anything on it. Frames can be specific to Di2, mechanical, or eTap (no holes anywhere). You can even get custom paint. They seem to be very customer oriented which I like. I believe that I'll be getting a frameset.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have actually been talking with one of the owners of the company as well as done some research and they are not open molds. They are their own designs. Each frame is hand built and hand painted and when you buy your bike, you can change anything on it. Frames can be specific to Di2, mechanical, or eTap (no holes anywhere). You can even get custom paint. They seem to be very customer oriented which I like. I believe that I'll be getting a frameset.
Cool man, if this is the case then I am totally happy for you. I have done zero research on these bikes, but as I stated earlier, built a couple of Balcoms? I believe they were called. I thought that one of the customers relayed that they are direct-to-consumer chinese carbon hand finished possibly by Franco in SoCal. I also thought upon inspection that they were open-mold in nature......lots of 3k weave, not perfect cable stops, bb cable guides etc. If this is not or no longer the case I certainly stand corrected! The one thing i did very much like and thought was pretty unique with carbon road frames these days was the use of external cable routing on the two frames I built. Very good choice, and they shifted superbly! Again, seemed unremarkable on the test ride. Some bikes have an unmistakable feel or attribute to them that is noticeable. These did not in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I've been checking them out on their website and they look nice and seem to be very customer oriented. I recently joined a team and Franco is a sponsor. Anyone have any experience with them? I've searched but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

Big O right? I am a member too, though I had to move to NorCal so more of a satellite member now. I didn't buy one, but the guys on the team I talked to who did seem to really like them a lot. You really can't go wrong

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
All carbon frames are hand built, including the $300 ones on eBay.
right.....and open mold or own design, whatever. It's either a good design and it fits you or it isn't.

I'm not saying they are good, bad or indifferent bikes, OP, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on them being hand made and their own design. Anyone one can design a bike and there's no other way to have them made than by hand.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big O right? I am a member too, though I had to move to NorCal so more of a satellite member now. I didn't buy one, but the guys on the team I talked to who did seem to really like them a lot. You really can't go wrong
Yup, Big O! They are awesome. Pumped to be a part of the team.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right.....and open mold or own design, whatever. It's either a good design and it fits you or it isn't.

I'm not saying they are good, bad or indifferent bikes, OP, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on them being hand made and their own design. Anyone one can design a bike and there's no other way to have them made than by hand.
Understand about the hand built part. I get that. I only pointed out that they aren't an open mold. Personally I think they look amazing and all the feedback that I've picked up has been really good, both with their bikes and as a company.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I'm guessing they are like Ritte (if I understand how it works correctly), where they work with the engineering department of one the frame manufacturers in Taiwan to come up with something that is mostly custom, but they don't own the exclusive rights to the design to keep the cost down, so other can use it. So kind of custom open mold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts