Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a scam. It was removed from E-Bay and it is for sale on a site in Barcelona and several other locations as well. A quick Google search for a Guru TS4 will show that a green and black 53 cm is very popular around the world.

I did e-mail the yahoo so it will be interesting to see what response I get.

· Registered
12,593 Posts
It has already been flagged by Craigslist and I cannot even see the ad.

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the response I got from the guy:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Hi,
Thank you for your email. I still have it for sale. Right now i am gone in my honeymoon in Hawaii but i hope that`s not going to be a problem because i can still handle the transaction. When i left in my honeymoon, i left the item along with several other items in the custody of The Online Outpost because i wanted to sell them on eBay when i return, but something came up back home, something wrong with my mom and i decided to sell this one before i get back but not on ebay because i need to sell it faster. So if you are still interested let me know because i can make the transaction immediately. Just let me know and i will explain
all the details of the transaction...
Thanks!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here is the bike on the Barcelona site. Exact same description but different e-mail contacts. Imagine that. Perhaps this is just a really popular build. ;)

http://www.loquo.com/pe/for-sale/bikes/guru-crono-ts4-carbon-dura-ace-time-trial-bike-53cm-new/9366556

I am going to play along and see what his game is.

Perhaps someone should inquire on the bike through the Barcelona site and see if he went to Hawaii "in" his honeymoon.

· Registered
21,868 Posts
Scam for sure

99trek5200 said:
Here is the response I got from the guy:

Hi,
Thank you for your email. I still have it for sale. Right now i am gone in my honeymoon in Hawaii but i hope that`s not going to be a problem because i can still handle the transaction.
The "I am on vacation/traveling for business but we can still do the deal" line is a dead giveaway that this is a scam. It's a common trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.