Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so not in the Louge, but last night I got a free meal that was worthy of Snap's attention.

My brother-in-law is the managers of a new restaurant in Louisville. It is part of some fancy hotel that they are building downtown. Anyway, last night was one of their "soft" opening, so they invited some people to sample their food as they tested out the kitchen, etc.

Best meal that I have eaten out in awhile. Started with an Anchor Steam and a salad with blue cheese, bib lettuce, country ham, carmelized pecans, and some sort of creamy dressing.

Main course was a flatiron steak (medium well done), parmesean/herb/sea salt fries, carmelized bourbon onions, salsa verde, with some Italian wine called Grillo.

Dessert was a skillet lemon pie and chocolate fondue with coffee.

Could barely moved after eating all that.

If ever in Louisville, I recommend "Proof"

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
:D mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
And there's a cycling connection,

that you prabably didn't even know about. "Il Grillo" ("the Cricket") is a nickname of Paolo Bettini.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JCavilia said:
that you prabably didn't even know about. "Il Grillo" ("the Cricket") is a nickname of Paolo Bettini.
No, actually, sad to say, I am a big enough cycling geek that I did know that. I was telling my wife that, and she did not believe me since it seemed a strange thing to name a wine.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Medium well? If it ain't just one step from mooing it's cooked too much. Poor steak. Otherwise, I'm envious.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
try dating and living with a professional chef for two years.

that was some good eatin'. good food, too.

;)

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Medium well? If it ain't just one step from mooing it's cooked too much. Poor steak. Otherwise, I'm envious.

I'm with you on that.

I once stopped dating a girl because I took her out to a good steak house and she ordered her ribeye well done. Then she couldn't stop whining about it was dry, and why mine (which I ordered rare) was so juicy.

joe

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I'm with you on that.

I once stopped dating a girl because I took her out to a good steak house and she ordered her ribeye well done. Then she couldn't stop whining about it was dry, and why mine (which I ordered rare) was so juicy.

joe
You ever read Tony Bourdain's book called Kitchen Confidential? He says that when someone orders a steak well-done they pick the worst cut of meat they have and then throw it into the deep fryer for a bit to cut down on cooking time. Pro chefs hate people that order well-done.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
You ever read Tony Bourdain's book called Kitchen Confidential? He says that when someone orders a steak well-done they pick the worst cut of meat they have and then throw it into the deep fryer for a bit to cut down on cooking time. Pro chefs hate people that order well-done.
i wouldn't know, ex-chica didn't work in food service. culinary arts and major corp production, etc etc.

anyways, that is totally sensible. why give a good cut of good meat if you're just gonna burn it?

my ex wife always ordered things overdone. and would send them back. moreon. :rolleyes:

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I'm with you on that.

joe
I still hate your avatar.....

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
snapdragen said:
I still hate your avatar.....

I didn't know you hated it before.

Did you like Costello better? I think this one is funny, but funny in the way that SPAM is funny.

joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts