Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the free pedals on a Motobecane LeChamp CF (sram) would be?
bike:http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/lechamp_cf_rival.htm

Trying to buy shoes before the bike comes but i don't know if I have to replace the pedals right away. If I were upgrade the pedals would I be looking at look/spd-sl only or are spd pedals common on road bikes as well?

9,925 Posts
They usually come with crap VP SPD-style clipless pedals, IME.

· Registered
18 Posts
My mercier corvus (also bikesdirect) came with vp-r61 pedals. One cleat worked fine, the other one neither me nor the bike shop could get to clip in. I ended up emailing them and they sent me a replacement cleat right away. By that time, I had already bought another set of pedals.

· Registered
3,096 Posts
Those VP pedals are indeed crap. Plus they require a shoe with the "two hole" SPD mount, with which fewer and fewer "hard soled" road shoes are being equipped.

9,925 Posts
Can'tPutt said:
Wow, why do they even bother?
So you can put them on eBay and use that money toward a good set of road pedals. :p

One of my suppliers regularly has sales where, if you purchase $500 worth of parts, you can buy 5 pairs of those pedals for $3.00/pair. If that gives you any idea of their worth....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.