Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free to a good/bad Lounge home. I just may be persuaded to ship... Anyone of you moreons interested? This is getting hard to unload...

//I cant edit my thread title... but its mostly clear, yah?

////I like post-editing my threads...

//////I also like ellipses...

////////...

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
I don't think the kickstand works.

·
9,790 Posts
I could pay shipping, if'n you wanna send it.

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
the saddle is way too low for me.

you know what would make that photo hilarious, if the frame was on cinder blocks.

·
9,790 Posts
I have tons of customers coming in here wanting used, gigantic bikes. Thanks to the fixie kids, all of the big-framed road bikes around here are gone. Even MTBs are hard to find for a decent price. So, any time I see an XL frame/bike of any sort, I grab it if I can. (Well, I don't STEAL it....)

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
I could use it if you are willing to ship (I'll cover the costs and your time). It looks like it'd make a better commuter than my Waterford having fenders and all.

·
Still On Steel
2,391 Posts
asciibaron said:
you know what would make that photo hilarious, if the frame was on cinder blocks.
That's the funniest thing I've read all morning. Okay, so it's not quite 8:00am for me. But, still ...

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PlatyPius said:
I could pay shipping, if'n you wanna send it.
Winnar.

I've never shipped a bike before. Since we just moved, I have tons of cardboard boxes laying around. I was basically planning on wrapping it in Bubble Wrap/Newspaper, and wrapping in Cardboard. Is there a better way to do this?

·
9,790 Posts
BentChainring said:
Winnar.

I've never shipped a bike before. Since we just moved, I have tons of cardboard boxes laying around. I was basically planning on wrapping it in Bubble Wrap/Newspaper, and wrapping in Cardboard. Is there a better way to do this?
Nope. Wrap it up, shove it in a box, and send it. I can give you my FedEx account number if you want. Then you can print out a label and ship it (or have it picked up) with no upfront cost to you.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
BentChainring said:
Winnar.

hey- if you want to come down to the irvine area this weekend, i'll give you a bike box and bike wrapping stuff (foam) taken off of other box-ups.

key word: Free

let me know.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2cflyr said:
hey- if you want to come down to the irvine area this weekend, i'll give you a bike box and bike wrapping stuff (foam) taken off of other box-ups.

key word: Free

let me know.
Damnit!!! I was there this afternoon!

HAHA... oh well...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts