Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Maillard Aris cogs would fit on a Regina freewheel? I'm trying to get a synchro system to work and I'm so close. Close enough where I am riding with the shifters using the indexing instead of friction. I'm thinking the Aris tooth profile would be a great thing to try. My hub is french thread and I already have the freewheel body. So I'm looking at just getting an Aris setup not worrying about threading to try it out.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
I'm going to make an educated guess and say no but more research should be done. The cogs on my Sachs Aris 8 speed freewheel are thread on for the first 4 but the biggest 4 slide on kind of like a cassette. I have a 7 speed Sachs Aris freewheel and the set up looks the same.

I *think* all the cogs on a Regina are thread on and the one I have looks that way. Maybe you can find some pics of individual cogs on the webs, maybe for sale on eBay.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Regina CX the 1st 2 and 4th are threaded. The Regina Synchro only the 1st is threaded. It looks like I'll be on the look out for a French Aris.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You may be on the right track. The Sachs 7sp freewheels always worked with my indexed Campy Synchro 8s with the low gear limit screw locking out the 8 click. Still use them in the winter with my Ergopower 8s setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts