Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
papisimo9807 said:
Why would the most tested athlete in history be surprised by this?:aureola:
Because I'm clueless about hairsamples in doping matters, or doping for all matters, I'm dying to know the result. I know the french are just trying to prove LA history w/ doping but how will this prove, if it shows positive, how recent the dope has been in his system? Can 1999 drugs still be in the hair?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Tested for the 24th time but the 1st by a French agency.....

Should be interesting. Kind of funny (not really) the Mr. Bordry said the French athletes that they know are cheating should NOT be sanctioned but should just stop using. :rolleyes:

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Bianchigirl said:
Note the way he chopped all his hair off, effectively destroying the B sample

Lucky for him it will grown back. Pretty sure since they took several samples, the B sample is accounted for.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Its so they grow a French Lance Armstrong clone from the DNA they obtain from the hair follicle. This is how the French plan to win the Tour de France in 2040 or prove that Lance doped because his clone couldn't win.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
"With this week's test, France's anti-doping agency was not only looking for drug use but also to send a message: Armstrong should not expect any favorable treatment.

The agency's chief, Pierre Bordry, made that quite clear, saying Armstrong "needs to know that he is like everyone else."

So it gave him the full treatment. Two samples — A and B — were taken not only of urine, which is standard, but also of blood and hair."

So lets see if "everyone else" is subjected to the same # af tests and the same "haircut".

I'll put odds on NO.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
MerlinAma said:
"With this week's test, France's anti-doping agency was not only looking for drug use but also to send a message: Armstrong should not expect any favorable treatment.

The agency's chief, Pierre Bordry, made that quite clear, saying Armstrong "needs to know that he is like everyone else."

So it gave him the full treatment. Two samples — A and B — were taken not only of urine, which is standard, but also of blood and hair."

So lets see if "everyone else" is subjected to the same # af tests and the same "haircut".

I'll put odds on NO.
"The AFLD tested hair samples of 138 French soccer players, rugby players, track and field athletes and cyclists."
How many times have the french anti doping staff tested Armstrong?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
den bakker said:
"The AFLD tested hair samples of 138 French soccer players, rugby players, track and field athletes and cyclists."
How many times have the french anti doping staff tested Armstrong?
I don't care about "soccer players, rugby players, track and field athletes".

What I want to keep score on is Armstrong's # of tests as opposed to other pro team cyclists.

Is he the first and only so far? How obvious would that be.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
He's obviously subjected to more testing as his 24th test was done with this hair thing etc while some others only had 5 tests all year.

What happens if Armstrong has too short hair to be plucked now? Fingernails?

It must be somewhat frustrating for Lance I'm sure, although he knows he'd be subjected to this.

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
uzziefly said:
He's obviously subjected to more testing as his 24th test was done with this hair thing etc while some others only had 5 tests all year.

What happens if Armstrong has too short hair to be plucked now? Fingernails?

It must be somewhat frustrating for Lance I'm sure, although he knows he'd be subjected to this.
armpit? or does he shave that, too?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.